What to expect and do after getting your tattoo
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Itchiness, scabbing, cloudiness with ink color and/or lines appearing blurred during the healing of your tattoo is normal!
• The tattoo and surrounding area may have a sheen to it during the healing process.
• Some inflammation, soreness, and tenderness may occur during the healing process.
WHAT TO DO:
• Follow your artist’s aftercare instructions and contact them or the studio if you have questions or concerns.
• Keep your tattoo clean, lightly moisturized and provide good airflow to the tattooed area.
• Wash your hands with antibacterial soap before cleaning or applying lotion to your new tattoo.
• Clean your tattoo 2-3 times per day using an antibacterial soap and warm water.
• Air dry or lightly pat with a clean towel or paper towel.
• Apply a gentle, fragrance-free lotion to your clean tattoo 2-3 times per day.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
• Do not pick scabs or itch your healing tattoo.
• No soaking in bath water, swimming pools, ocean or fresh water for the first 14 days of healing.
• Do not expose your tattoo to sunlight or UV rays during the first 14 days of healing.