What to expect and do after getting your tattoo
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Itchiness, scabbing, cloudiness with ink color and/or lines appearing blurred during the healing of your tattoo is normal!
• The tattoo and surrounding area may have a sheen to it during the healing process.
• Some inflammation, soreness, and tenderness may occur during the healing process.
WHAT TO DO:
• Follow your artist’s aftercare instructions and contact them or the studio if you have questions or concerns.
• Keep your tattoo clean, lightly moisturized and provide good airflow to the tattooed area.
• Wash your hands with antibacterial soap before cleaning or applying lotion to your new tattoo.
• Clean your tattoo 2-3 times per day using an antibacterial soap and warm water.
• Air dry or lightly pat with a clean towel or paper towel.
• Apply a gentle, fragrance-free lotion to your clean tattoo 2-3 times per day.
Follow the aftercare procedures during the entire healing time, even if you think your tattoo has healed sooner. If an adverse reaction occurs contact Club Tattoo immediately. This is not considered a substitute for medical advice from a doctor.Consult a physician or healthcare professional for personalized medical advice.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
• Do not pick scabs or itch your healing tattoo.
• No soaking in bath water, swimming pools, ocean or fresh water for the first 14 days of healing.
• Do not expose your tattoo to sunlight or UV rays during the first 14 days of healing.